logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish  (Read 213 times)

Offline TheKhemist

• TheKhemist
  • Administrator
  • Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so!
    • View Profile
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« on: 23 August 2017 15:03:24 »
Hi All

It is with a heavy heart I have to announce the closure of Paradise-Minecraft servers.

As a collective I and mods have tried to keep the servers going but due to the current state of modded Minecraft and dwindling user base. When Mojang enforced the EULA before selling to Mico$oft we all know it would go this way but they would not listen to the people who made this game amazing.

Anyway I have had an amazing 9 years or so running various servers for you all. I have spent a small fortune in electricity and hardware but it was all worth it to give you all the best servers to play on. The forums with remain live until the domain name runs out.

I have meet some very special people along the way friendships I hope I will never lose. We have had some serious fun over the years. Like the AVO Group fun on Paradise Insane and insane mega builds with 10 people or more on Paradise Lost.

We also lost a very special person long the way Widnesian14. This was a very sad day for a lot of people who played on the server. R.I.P dude I hope you are in a better place now.  :(

I wish to thank all the mod’s who have come and gone of the years. But a very special thanks to HireAMercenary. Thank you so much for all the time you have put into this adventure with me and the other mods.  :D 8)

Here is a list off all the mods current or retired

HireAMercenary
ArgonTheFox
DragongalMW
Widnesian14
HonestFlames
iJoseph
MarxSoulGuy
bummer6
franja300

Last of all big thank you to all of you the users who have played on the servers over the years.

If you have any funny stories then please post them below.  :)) 8)
« Last Edit: 23 August 2017 16:03:15 by TheKhemist »
Thanks TheKhemist

Offline Shnowz (Mhonerf)

• See you space cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2017 19:29:38 »
Damn, this is real sad. My time on this server was the best time I've had playing Minecraft, thanks to the lovely people I've met. Sorry for any trouble my younger self caused and thanks for keeping it up all this time Khem you're a legend. Have a good one everyone!

Offline TheKhemist

• TheKhemist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2017 09:05:02 »
Hi Shnowz (Mhonerf)

All was forgiven a long time ago lol!

Thank you for the kind words means a lot. It was not easy to actually make the leap to close I have been thinking about it for a over a year now but something always keeps me at it till now sadly!

As per your PM I do have a lot of backups from over the years. I will sort through them and upload them to the forum as soon as.... =)
« Last Edit: 25 August 2017 10:22:15 by TheKhemist »
Thanks TheKhemist

Offline J20Green

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2017 19:11:55 »
I will miss ya people, we will keep the discord server up and running, if anyone wants to chat.
My Ingame now is HireAMercenary.

Offline TheKhemist

• TheKhemist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2017 11:30:46 »
I would like to still run servers for other games if possible. If enough of you play any other games that need servers I will gladly look into setting them up.
Thanks TheKhemist

Offline dragongalmw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2017 16:02:04 »
I love you guys and will miss you dearly <3.I love minecraft and have been popping around many games while I was moving around the world! I am going to miss all our building projects and making friends left and right!  :shy:I will be on discord still and playing games as soon as I have internet and my desktop back! :shy:
Blahbafet

Offline Monkeybug34

• View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2017 03:22:10 »
I've only been with this comunity for a year or so, but my time here was truly the best server experience I've ever had. there were many friendly players, and the lifetime of each modpack was much higher than anywhere else I've played. I'm sad to see the servers finally close. Even though I hadn't been playing on the server in the last few months, I was eagerly watching for any new events or modpacks that might bring on a new wave of players, but sadly this is the opposite. Here's to hoping the community can still thrive, be it on discord or elsewhere.

PS: an email announcement when you put up the world downloads would be great if possible <3
« Last Edit: 29 August 2017 03:24:58 by Monkeybug34 »

top android   android